During a fire, foam extinguishing systems distribute large-scale foam blankets via foam monitors, sprinklers or nozzles. The foam is applied to the burning material, extinguishes the fire and serves as a deterrent against reignition. Foam extinguishing systems are suitable for protecting high-risk areas, e.g. due to flammable liquids or plastics. The adjustable low to extremely high foaming option offers an optimum extinguishing effect for every type of risk.
Flexible components for our foam extinguishing systems
With a versatile foaming agent range, Minimax offers safe and flexible application. Perfectly aligned components are supplied in line with the individual needs of clients and according to respective fire protection requirements.
- Foam sprinklers and nozzles: Minimax specialises in stainless steel nozzles for low expansion foam extinguishing systems. As an exclusive manufacturer, Minimax supplies sprinklers for the production of low expansion foam. Sprinklers are generally used in storage areas. Nozzles are best suited for the protection of filling stations and filling tank vehicles or for protecting objects, as with hydraulic units or as indoor protection in drum stores.
- Foam maker/foam chamber/foam pourer: These three coordinated components comprise the specially designed "TankFoam RTK" kit for protecting flammable liquids in fixed roof tanks. It is used to generate low expansion foam, for which all common foaming agent concentrates can be used.
- Foam monitor: The foam monitor is for external use, to fight fires from a safe distance and to preventatively cool objects at risk of catching fire. Depending on the version the monitor can be aligned with the target manually, electrically or hydraulically by remote control.
- High expansion foam generator: Generators produce high expansion foam, which is used to protect storage areas. Foam floods the entire room and deprives the fire of oxygen by displacing air somewhat like a carbon dioxide extinguishing systems.
- DirectAlarm foam: These components make alarm testing easy. Weekly tests are carried out with water from the pump distributor before the proportioner. A foam/water mix does not have to be discharged and disposed of.
- Foaming agent concentrate: The foaming agent range includes a large number of protein and synthetic foaming agents. Foaming agents are available for all solid, liquid and alcohol/ solvent fires.
Fire fighting with foam