Quick and effective fire fighting is the strong point of carbon dioxide extinguishing systems. Extinguishing with carbon dioxide is achieved by displacing the oxygen from a fire source quickly - and thus starving the fire. The high heat binding capacity of the carbon dioxide causes the withdrawal of energy from the source of the fire, which enhances the extinguishing effect.
Carbon dioxide extinguishing systems, due to their special extinguishing agent properties, feature advantages over other inert gas extinguishing systems: Even freestanding objects in a room can be protected. The liquefied carbon dioxide forms a thick aerosol cloud in the flooding zone. Special local application nozzles put the extinguishing agent precisely at the object to be protected.
The extinguishing effect of carbon dioxide is caused by the fast displacement of oxygen in the vicinity of the fire source and a high heat-retention capacity. Due to special extinguishing agent properties, carbon dioxide extinguishing systems are not only able to protect entire rooms, but also open facilities. Carbon dioxide is a natural component of ambient air and electrically non-conductive. Carbon dioxide extinguishing systems require little space for storing the extinguishing agent.
- Suitable for both, the protection of rooms and freelystanding objects
- Carbon dioxide is a natural component of ambient air and is therefore readily available
- Extinguishes without residue without adversely affecting the protected objects
- Chemical reactions as a result of extinguishing are virtually impossible
- The extinguishing agent is electrically nonconductive and therefore suitable for protecting electric system components
- The homogeneous distribution of extinguishing agent and the fast concentration buildup provide optimum effectiveness
- After a fire, there is no extinguishing agent residue and therefore no cleanup expense
- The extinguishing effect is ensured even at low ambient temperatures
- Reliable extinguishing provides maximum protection of assets
- The system technology for components has been tried and tested for decades
- The modular, multi-zone system can be easily adapted for most renovation or expansion measures
- Carbon dioxide extinguishing systems allow space-saving extinguishing agent storage, especially with low-pressure vessels
- After a fire, the extinguishing system is ready for operation again, at a low cost
- Approvals by certified test bodies and design compliance with national standards ensure acceptance by insurance companies and building authorities
- If installed, insurance companies grant rebates on fire and fire business interruption insurance
Do you have questions regarding the product or would you like individual advice? Please feel free to contact us!