By using innovative low-pressure water mist technology, Minifog EconAqua water mist sprinkler systems offer particularly effective building protection. Compared to conventional sprinkler systems, EconAqua systems require up to 85 percent less extinguishing water, which reduces potential water damage to a minimum. The EconAqua pump room can be designed considerably more compact than conventional sprinkler pump rooms. This saves space, on-site costs and makes Minifog EconAqua water mist sprinkler systems ideal for retrofitting in existing buildings.
The new development of the EconAqua water mist sprinkler U16 now makes EconAqua the low-pressure water mist system with the widest range of applications on the market. Moreover, it is the only one which is approved by VdS for use in car parks and underground parking areas with a ceiling height of up to 3.6 meters.
Efficacy confirmed – VdS-certified
The effectiveness of the new EconAqua U16 sprinklers was proven in extensive fire tests, monitored by “VdS Schadenverhütung”, a German institute for corporate security. Numerous fire tests were carried out in the Minimax fire research center, based on VdS and EN standards. The efficacy of the EconAqua was compared with classic dry sprinkler equipment in line with VdS CEA 40001 (including a safety margin) in a test situation of a recreated model car park.
The EconAqua system passed the fire tests. Furthermore, it was proven that the EconAqua low-pressure water mist system provides fire protection on a par with classic sprinkler equipment but uses very little water and is more efficient.
Advantages at a glance
- VdS-certified low-pressure water mist system with the widest range of applications on the market
- More efficient utilization of extinguishing water and a reduction in the damage caused by extinguishing water
- Also suitable for use in frost-prone areas as dry pipe systems can be set up
- Smaller pipe diameters mean that less installation space is required
- Certified in line with VdS 3883-4 and prEN 14972-5 test protocols